How to trim a long beard? This question often came up into your mind, when you think that your beard is too long and you want to fix it. On the other hand, you don’t want to damage your beard. If that happen, it will only make it looks bad. So, you don’t need to worry. Here are some tips to trim your long beard.
Prepare some tools and product that you need for trimming your beard. The tools that you need are mirror, comb, beard trimmer and scissors. Then, you also need beard oil and beard balm for after treatment.
Trimming Long Beard
Here are the processes to trim your beard:
- Comb your hair beard from top to bottom or following your hair growth direction,
- Trim the facial hair with hair clipper, make sure you use length guard to keep its length,
- Shave the jaw line, make sure you stretch the skin on that area, so you can shave it clearly,
- Now, go to the cheek line. Use shorter length guard. Make sure you don’t shave it evenly, but create nice gradation that will make your beard and your hair merge perfectly,
- Use gentle pressure when you trim the cheek part,
- If you think you need to make more lighter fade part, you can remove the length guard,
- Brush your moustache, and then trim it from bottom to top with lower length guard. Make sure it’s trimmed evenly,
- Apply beard oil and beard balm to finish it.
It’s actually easy to do, if you get used to it. And, you also don’t need too preparation. But, if you think you can’t do all of those processes correctly, do not hesitate to ask help from barber. They are the one that know more about how to trim a long beard.